HOW DO WE WORK WITH SCHOOLS?
- The Band Project’s After School Band and Choir sessions are charged directly to parents so we have no impact on the department or school budget. Payment plans are available for parents who might need to spread the costs to ensure The Band Project is something accessible to everybody who wants to take part.
- We provide each School with personalised marketing material in digital form to send out directly to parents. You don’t have to create anything, we’ll provide you everything you need to get Bands and/or Choirs launched at your school.
- Parents book with The Band Project directly and we handle all admin and education queries. Schools are provided full details of students attending, registers, Tutor’s DBS checks and anything else they require.
- Tutors are all DBS checked and fully trained including Child Protection. The Band Project also has £10m Public Liability insurance.
- Sessions can be booked at any time to suit your schools scheduling including Saturday mornings or afternoons if required.
Respecting the music is the basis for everything we do. When our students learn to respect the music they learn to respect themselves and each other. They learn to understand the teamwork learning and performing music requires and through that achieve results they didn’t believe were possible. That’s our mission, to use great music, supportive and encouraging teaching and an authentic and un-patronising experience to teach our students:
- MUTUAL AND SELF RESPECT
- SELF EXPRESSION
- TEAMWORK AND NEGOTIATION
Supported by our inspiring team of fully trained and DBS checked tutors The Band Project’s After School sessions are able to nurture and develop students personally and musically. We collectively go the extra mile to make sure all of our students are happy, feel valued, that they are a part of a cohesive team and encourage them all to achieve their personal best.Talk to us
AFTER SCHOOL CHOIR SESSIONS:
(suitable for Year 4 – Year 13)
Singing in a group can be and should be a powerful, moving, exhilarating, uplifting and beautiful thing. Like our Bands each Choir chooses the songs they sing because we believe the best experience and sound comes from when you love the music you’re performing, it’s your voice and identity as a group.
Our Choirs have a maximum of 20 singers – no one is going to get lost in the crowd, every voice matters and should be heard. We are able to oer more than one Choir to a School, eg Junior and Senior, if required.
Each Choir performs at an end of term gig at your school with a live band of Band Project Tutors – no backing tracks or just a piano. Each Choir also has the opportunity to perform at their nearest Band Project Centre’s end of term gig giving them the chance to perform in a real venue for friends and family.
£60 per student including Band Project T-Shirt.
10 x weekly 1 hour rehearsals, end of term gig scheduled around school
timetable. Fees are charged direct to parents and payment plans are available.
AFTER SCHOOL BAND SESSIONS:
(suitable for Year 5 – Year 13)
The After School Band Sessions give students the chance to experience every aspect of playing and performing in a band through their school. The course offers weekly rehearsals learning a set of songs the band has chosen so it’s music they love and engage with, whatever the genre. Our team of tutors bring an authentic band experience to schools using our proven teaching methodology and approaches. We aim to make a real dierence musically and personally to every band we work with and make learning to play and perform live the most positive and beneficial experience it can be.
All bands perform live at an end of term gig at their school and also have the opportunity to take part in their nearest Band Project Centre’s end of term gig performing in a real venue for friends and family.
The After School Band Sessions support the performance units of both GCSE and A Level music courses alongside being able to prepare students for music scholarships, university and higher education courses. We want to be a valuable part of the music culture in schools we work with and help young musicians achieve their ambitions.
£180 per student including Band Project T-Shirt.
10 x weekly 1 hour rehearsals, end of term gig schedule around school timetable.
Fees are charged direct to parents and payment plans are available.